Upcoming IT Trends for 2015
Technology trends are becoming more strategic and are quickly developing. With continuous advancements in smart-phone technology, there is room for an increased emphasis on the needs of the mobile user within diverse environments. Instead of the focus on the device itself, smart-phones and wearable devices are becoming part of a broader computing context. User experience design is the new center of focus.
- IoT – also known as the internet of things, is continuing to expand. Driven by user-oriented computing, the digital business is to be replicated within the industrial and operational context and its main focus will be the product and process within digital business.
- 3D printing costs are decreasing and will continue over the course of the next couple of years. Due to the decrease, it is leading the market into another direction. This direction would be the rapid growth of these particular low-cost machines. Expansion within the industrial, bio medical and consumer applications are becoming the main highlights of technological trends.
- Analytics are continuing to advance due to the internet of things and embedded devices. Structured and unstructured data within organizations will continue to generate. Every app will transform into an analytic app.
- Another trend consists of context-rich systems that are alert and responsive to all surroundings. Context- aware security is an example of an early application trend that will emerge.
- Mobile computing as well as cloud computing continue to lead to the growth of applications that can be delivered to any device. Cloud computing is the foundation of self-service computing for both external and internal facing applications. Jonas Premier offers an integrated construction software solution is that 100% true cloud. This includes the launch of the Jonas Premier Mobile app that is currently available for Android devices, along with an iOS version set to be released.
- The digital business requires flexibility in order to develop methods for programming. It can range from infrastructure basics to applications. Software defined networking, data centers and security are maturing, and therefore the demand for computing to move away from static to dynamic models are continuing to rise.
- The evolution of web-scale IT will result in companies forming their applications and infrastructure similar to Google or Facebook and even Amazon. As cloud-optimized and software-defined methods become mainstream, web-scale IT will evolve as commercial platforms embrace new models.